Wednesday 13 February 2013

Homemade Popcorn

Soooo it's Valentine's day tomorrow and I am guessing movie night as well?

If you are anything like me then you probably love to eat at the movies. Lol. I will eat anything - ice cream, sweets, popcorn. Yup, popcorn, the most common movie night snack.

We all know I am on a budget so any valentine plans for me, myself and I will have to be budget-based. I have been a good girl and of my £30 I still have £5 to spend for the rest of the month. Lol.....that's £5 for 2 week *gulp.

My plan this year is for a home-based Velentine's day. I am trying to play around with standard ideas using what I have at home. Afterall, nothing beats a home-cooked meal from a loved one...I hope *side eye

I think this recipe will be useful for mums as well as it is cheap and you are able to control what goes into your kid's snack. Here is my recipe for just 1 person. It took less than 10 minutes from start to finish.

I am using just these ingredients. You can use butter instead of oil. You can also add sugar and/or salt. I usually keep my meals simple and as fat-free as possible. It was still tasty without the extras! I promise :)

Gently pour in your oil so it completely covers the bottom of your pot with a very thin layer.

Add your corn to the pot and spread evenly so it completely covers the bottom like this. Turn on your cooker

Replace the lid and cover the hole. Be VERY CAREFUL as the lid and pot will get quite hot. I suggest folding the napkin multiple times before you cover.

You can see the steam trapped in the pot because the hole is covered

Corn is starting to pop

Once your corn is popped, remove your finger and napkin. DO NOT OPEN IMMEDIATELY!! WAIT FOR THE STEAM TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!

 
Every single one went - POP!
I just made this and headed straight to my computer to blog about it and it's already gone! All of it *coversface

.....Ah well, it was made to be eaten :-D
Take care lovelies,
LW xx


No comments:

Post a Comment