Tuesday 25 September 2012

a word on Jamie's Italian by Jamie Oliver

I remember visiting Jamie's Italian one fine evening.

I say fine because - well, that's what they say evenings are right?.....'She walked down the path one fine evening'......'It was a fine evening and the moon was shining brightly'......Ok, back to my post.


Yes! It was indeed a fine evening and I had booked a table for 8pm.

Because it was a surprise and I had an appointment prior to dinner time, I rang up to move my booking to 9:30pm. That was a busy period for the restaurant and they managed to find a place for me (Bonus point number 1)

On getting there, the place was pretty full as they had just opened and everyone wanted in on the action.....probably before it lost it's novelty.

The best part of the night was having our own waiter at the table - and he was Italian which added some flair to the experience. Having a native speaker read out the menu was BELLO! (Bonus point number 2)

To be honest, the meal was nothing special in terms of what was being offered. It's the standard you get with such places in terms of taste and price. But the ambience, service and experience makes it worth going for a visit. I loved it so much I tipped the waiter more than I have ever done before! :-| (and I am not stingy in that regard, we hope!)

The only thing I will say was I felt my bowl of pasta was a tad small. I asked for a large portion and what I got didn't quite do it for me. Maybe it's my ravenous appetite, maybe I am tight with my money but whatever it was, I was very close to calling the waiter back.....And I was going to ask for more incase you wondered! I was paying wasn't I? *valueformoney

Did I call him back? No. Only because I was keeping up appearances......It was a surprise dinner remember. You invite someone out, you have to be ready to stomach a few dents in your wallet.

Source : http://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/

Source: http://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/

Source: http://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/

Today I am giving out a Gift Voucher worth £10 to any Jamie's Italian restaurant in the UK (Locations: Bath, Birmingham, Bluewater, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Canary Wharf, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Covent Garden, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Guildford, Islington, Kingston, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford, Portsmouth, Reading, Westfield Shepherd's Bush, St. Albans, Westfield Stratford city, Threadneedle street, York, Sydney, Perth, Dundrum Dublin)

All you have to do is -     Follow this blog
                                     Leave a comment saying 'Jamie's Italian'

Terms and Conditions:    Gift Voucher is valid till 12th October 2012
                                      Please print to claim as digital versions will not be accepted
                                      Please read other terms on the voucher.


To all my readers elsewhere, please follow this blog, leave a comment stating your location and watch this space for something near you. Buona Notte.

Womble Love xx

P.S

Let me know what you think after you visit!


4 comments:

  1. Jamie Oliver is brilliant, but too pricey i'm afraid :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I thought they had some reasonably priced things on the menu.....I guess it depends on what you order. Lol. Anyway, I have learnt the secret is creating my own Italian dinner :D

      Delete
  2. Oh, it's funny because I had a very similar situation when I went to Jamie's. The service was good but the portions were way to small for me, and I do like my food. I had a fish stew and could just about see the second piece of fish after I was digging through the bit of stew. The prices are not modest for what you get, so I give it a wide birth now. Keep walking.

    Should have been fair enough to say, it had a nice taste but nothing spectacular. Nice Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!!! You crack me up! And I thought I was just being fussy about portion size! Thanks you :D

      Delete