Friday 5 October 2012

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Today is 'hair wash day'. Or at least the beginning......
My hair and I shared a loveless romance for a lot of years. I neglected it and didn't give it the kind of love and attention it deserves. Yet through it all, my hair stayed faithful and stayed on my head.

I thought it didn't matter at the time. In my mind, my hair was strong enough to withstand the drama, the tugging, snagging, pulling and scalp clogging. At times I actually thought I was doing the right thing.

2 years ago I finally reached a turning point with my hair. I admit, I am still learning and I still make mistakes but thankfully, I currently have a routine that's fairly easy and isn't time consuming. You know what they say about progress....as long as you are not where you used to be and keep aspiring to do better, then you are good.


I use coconut oil because unlike other oils, it is absorbed by your hair. I use this to create a 'barrier' and 'protect' my hair since I will be shampooing




Divide hair into 4 sections. Cover each section with coconut oil whilst detangling with your fingers. Remove any shed hair


I have used this shampoo for 5 years and I am ready to move on. Finished the last bit today I supplemented with the Boots shampoo only because it ran out mid-wash. I never mix deliberately.

I am trying to use up all the products I still have before I buy any new ones. Bought this over a year ago when i was still experimenting with products

I use the conditioner for co-washing and did not use this today. Will not be buying again once I get rid of these

What my hair looks like after washing. I wash each oiled section by taking down and massaging my scalp. ALWAYS wash in sections

Conditioner I am using to deep condition. Again, finishing this up. Started using it 2 months ago when I ran out of my regular conditioner. I am using up all my leftovers before I re-stock

Conditioner quantity: I used 5 of this on each hair section.

Massaging conditioner through each section

I twist each section

I twist the ends of my sections around the roots.

They said I should reuse!!!.....do I still get a nectar point :D

Roll-up your carrier bag

Cover hair with bag and tie at the bottom. I used cling film in the past but it was too fussy

Woolly hat! Part of my presents for Christmas 2010 :D

Wear your hat and go about your business

Things to note:

This took about 15 minutes, start to finish. I do it at night when I know I won't be going anywhere. If I do need to pop out or entertain guests, I ditch the hat and wrap up my hair.

Notice I did not use a comb during the entire process.

I am using a carrier bag because it is easy to take off and bin it afterwards. Also, it's fairly large and can cover my hair regardless of how I choose to wear it.

Tomorrow, I will complete all chores and errands with this on as it helps with the deep conditioning. The reason for the woolly hat is to generate heat. You can use a towel or wrap up your head with anything that can serve this function.

So darlings, in 15 minutes my hair is washed and being conditioned without any fancy or pricey gadgets....And all the products combined cost less than a tenner!

Speak soon darlings! xx

6 comments:

  1. Ur hair looks amazing babe!!! U've done really good. Now u make me wanna go natural :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thank you! I need to do more work though.

      Delete
  2. amazing gurlllll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. teeheehee.....feeling my carrier bag stunt! Lol

      Delete
  3. wow..that's a lot of gorgeous hair.Good to see another sister that loves her hair :-)....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nky boo :D I should probably take more pictures of it. Lol. How's the blog going Chef ;)

      Delete