Sunday 15 December 2013

April's the month.....

Yes, it all started in April...

I left my old role on 29th March and headed down to London in a Taxi on 30th March with every single thing I own and could carry....everyone seems to have a laugh when they hear I moved in a Taxi.

Don't be fooled, Lol! I wasn't cash rich. I was just blessed that the taxi driver who came to pick me to the train station was kind enough to realise the stupidity of my intentions and actually do something about it!

I mean, how did I expect to get all my stuff on the train and then on the underground and then to where I was going to live? I know!!! At this point you can probably see how much crazy goes on in my head sometimes *coversface. Well I don't apologise for it....life is for the living. And if I have to be a bit 'crazy' to realise things won't work.....no regrets here :D

Where was I? Yes, so I ended up in a taxi to London with a driver who hadn't driven there before. I promised to stay awake and navigate the route on his iPhone for as long as the low battery would permit. I must say, the ride was interesting. He just gave me jokes. Till date my only regret is I didn't take his number to ring him afterwards and say, 'Thank You'. Maybe even send some Christmas cheer to him and his family eii....Lesson learnt.

He kept asking me if I was running away from a boyfriend. Because in his head he couldn't understand why I was leaving an empty house on a Saturday with all my stuff. According to him, that was the only explanation he could give. I convinced him it was none of that.....this Womble was moving to the big city.

And so began what was to be the biggest roller coaster ride and adventure of my life.....at this point feel free to call me a Londoner. For I am hopelessly in love with this city....

Speak soon

 Lady Womble xx

No comments:

Post a Comment