Friday 4 January 2013

Lentil, Coconut, Aubergine & Zuchini Curry

My darlings! I think I am doing quite well as per my resolve to eat more. It is therefore with great pleasure and a rotund belly that I scribble this post.

First up! My recipe! Yes! Lol. I measured for you all today. It's not that bad, just wierd. I worked with ingredients I have never used before and to be honest, it was fun. I believe the secret of good cooking is - Let your imagination lead the way........and if everything goes horribly wrong, do what I do - don't tell anyone about it *hehehe

You will need


200g of Lentils
 2 decent sized Zuchinis or Courgettes (Medium to Large)
1 decent sized Aubergine (Medium to Large)
4 large tomatoes or 8 small ones, diced
1 tablespoon of Vegetable oil
3 onions (1 red and 2 white) - sliced, diced or both
2 cloves of fresh garlic
20g of grated ginger if fresh. If frozen, 2 blocks
150g dessicated or grated coconut
2 litres of hot water or stock
2 teaspoons of Soy sauce
Fresh chilli or dried chilli flakes (optional)
Rice to serve (optional)

 This recipe is for 4 portions if eaten alone and 8 if served with rice.

Measure out your lentils, rinse and boil in water till soft. I cooked at high heat for 10 mins and left to simmer for 35mins whilst i got up to other things
 

I can'r get over the beauty of this veg! Lol.

Heat your oil in a pot. I don't have my large pots here so used a pan

Pour in your onions

Add your ginger and garlic. I am using frozen ginger. Leave to fry for 5 mins

Pour in your Lentils
Add your coconut and pour in your stock or hot water. Stir
Leave to boil for 5minutes

Pour in your diced Aubergine. I diced this just before I put it in as they tend to discolour quickly once exposed to air
Stir and leave to boil for 10minutes. At this point, I had to change my pan as my dish outgrew the first. Lol
Add your tomatoes

Add your diced Zuchini (Courgette)
Add your Soy sauce
Sprinkle in your chilli if using
Stir and add salt to taste. Leave to simmer for 10 mins


 served mine with rice although on hindsight, I shouldn't have. Lol. the dish is filling on it's own and I am stuffed!

Serve after plating.......like a boss :-D



 


No comments:

Post a Comment