Tuesday 13 November 2012

CC: Gnocchi con seta y gambas

Teeheehee! Don't throw a fit just yet! It's only Spanish! ;)

I have been having the time of my life! I got my first house visit yesterday from my dear friend, I'll call her MeJulie :D
 Anyway, my friend came visiting so I rushed home from work to cook a decent meal for dinner. Last week, I was invited to the coolest business dinner ever where I had my starter at one restaurant, main at another and dessert at a third! All the dishes were amazing and taking inspiration from my main course, I decided to create a dish of my own - Gnocchi with mushrooms and prawns.


I did not get to see the menu as every thing was chosen before we arrived at the restaurant (main course was at an Italian restaurant) As usual, I focused on the flavours and textures whilst eating to figure out what was what. My dish was served with chicken but as you will have noticed, I have a thing for my seafood any day. I am pretty sure there is something similar out there but this was my creation, recipe free :P Sorry I don't have regular measurements, I don't measure when I cook. Trying to break the habit for you all as you would have noticed from posts like this

Heat a saucepan

Add 1tspn of butter
I put in 1tspn of fresh garlic puree and leave for 2mins

Add your prawns (gambas) with a stock cube, thyme and black pepper. Leave to simmer for 3 mins

Add your full cream (I used a 150g tub) and leave to bubble for 5 mins

Chop your mushrooms (seta). You can use a mix of different varieties

In a frying pan, add 1tspn of butter


Pour in your mushrooms and fry till cooked
When cooked, add mushrooms to the sauce, stir and leave to simmer for 2 mins.

Fill a saucepan with salted boiling water

My potato gnocchi

Put your gnocchi in the boiling water making sure they are spaced apart. It should sink.

Once the gnocchi starts to float, it is cooked. This takes about 2 mins

Get rid of the boiling water

Mix a portion of your sauce and the cooked gnocchi then enjoy!
We are ready for our close-up.....
So there I was cooking up a storm and what did my friend say when I hinted I was cooking with cream - she wasn't having this for dinner. OOOOkay. Lol. I still went ahead with it and plated the dish then started cooking what she said she wanted. Now here's the interesting bit. Before I started the second dish, this had happened to the first in 10mins and I wasn't responsible....funtimes!



For my second dish, I served noodles with salmon chunks......again, seafood.



*No calories were counted at anytime pre or post production.

Night Lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment