Wednesday 19 September 2012

29.04.2010

So I got home today and decided to vacuum the entire house - yep, all 3 floors of it!

I start with my room and soon after *beep, this text comes in


'Hi Lady, want all images taken during your photo shoot on 29.04.10 at STUDIOLONDON? More than 90% OFF original the price! Reply YES or call'

Being the curious girl I am, I called.No reply. Moments later a man rings back to say I have 57 pictures, can't preview any but if I pay £70 pounds I get a link to all my pictures via email.

Ok, now let me give you a background story - A friend signed me up for a free shoot and when I got the call I thought - ah well, what will it hurt. Off I go to London and spend the day, time and money waiting for my pictures to be ready. Now I was expecting to pay for them - obviously, but when they said £3,000 for the lot I zoned out and switched to autopilot mode.

£3,000 for what? Pictures? Can I resell them? Will they feed me? Pay my rent? Will they lay golden eggs? *PAH!....They obviously noticed the blood drain from my face because I was then offered the soft copies for £824 (I never forgot the figure, it haunted me!) and I could pay instalmentally. Now, I am a Womble and I have a policy - if you can't pay for it in cash now, forget it. *delayedgratification.

2 years later filled with occasional wonder about what had happened to them and I get this? Apparently the Studio went bankrupt (not hard to imagine why!), was bought and now the new guys are contacting people on their database to offer them their pictures at a reduced price.

That said, I told Mr Caller I will ring him back.

In this day and age, £70 is a lot for 2 year old pictures I think. Don't know - to buy or not to buy .....

HELP!!



Picture not taken by me - Web Image




6 comments:

  1. LoL.. Enjoyed reading this.. Couldn't help laughing :).
    I think you have a way of telling your stories... I can almost picture being there when it's all happening. Keep it up with the blog.
    ..to buy or not to buy? hmmmm, how about you tell them you can pay half the price for it (£35) and see what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .......Stay tuned for Part 2!!!!! ;)
    Thanks Chinedu!!!! I appreciate! Let me know how your travel plans go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please buy. Those pictures are priceless. By the way, you couldnt have vacuumed the entire house though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol.....did you see them? And yes, I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehehehe!!! I would give the same advice chinedu gave! Ask for half price seeing as the pictures are 2 years old and you were doing just fine without owning them :)

    The picture at the end did leave me in fits of laughter......had to share with my colleagues!!!!

    ReplyDelete