Friday 21 September 2012

.....confessions of a raving Foodie (1)

I love food!

There, I said it....It's not a - 'I love you when I am hungry', 'I love you when I need a fix' or 'I love you when you are free' kind of love. It is a 'I love you no strings attached' kind. This is why I cook even though I have a fridge full of food, cook when I have someone coming over, cook when I am inspired, cook when I am hungry and cook when it will be much easier to just pop over to a chippy and buy something to eat.

So when I saw the Maggi cook in the bag seasoning on supermarket shelves, I decided to give it a go.



The recipe on the pack said to use 800g of ribs, I used 830g.




 The night before, I opened my pack of ribs and emptied a sachet of Maggi cook in the bag seasoning then left to marinate after covering with cling film. Although it says to pop everything in the bag, shake then cook, I like my food spicy......did I add that I threw in some crushed bird's eye chilli for extra kick? :D


What the cooking bag looks like when unfolded




The bag comes with a red seal to keep everything intact. I tossed in fresh yellow peppers for added flavour


Don't you dare laugh at my dish ...... it's cute!


It looks like a chicken in there .... or is it just me?

This was an easy to use and straight forward pack. Hassle free with no mess to clean up. Don't forget to put some holes in the bag. Make sure they are tiny as big holes will leave your ribs dry and they will take longer to cook.

Sorry I forgot to take pictures when they came out but I can tell you they served me well for days!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Have 2 of these bags in the cupboard. No ribs, but will slice some pork chops and improvise. I love the fact that you put peppers in. I have never followed a recipe fully in my life. Always add bits and bobs. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww!!! Thanks so much for your comment and thanks for stopping by!!! Yes!! I put peppers and have pictures of the ribs in the bag but wasn't too sure how people will react to the sight of raw meat! Lol. And yes, that's part of the idea behind this blog....I don't play by the rules! I had 2 of these as well and guess what I did with the first one - roasted a whole chicken! It was delish I promise! Do improvise and send me the pictures so I can post them here!!! Thank you!! Thank you and please see my latest post for your £10 voucher! <3

      Delete