Saturday 13 October 2012

Tortellini 'n' Passata

This is the final dish I made with my Passata. I bought a pack for my Prawn and Veggie stew (see post here ). The pack says to keep for 2 days after opening so I got creative and made a dish everyday (second post here)

Boil 1 cup of water



Put in your tortellini. I used the whole pack

Cook for 3 minutes

Heat a dry pan. You can see my tortellini cooking in the background

Add 1 tablespoon of butter

After 3 minutes, remove from the pot of water and sieve

Pour in your passata and leave for 3 minutes.  I used up what was left - 200ml

Add your cooked tortellini

Add your choice of herbs - I sprinkled 1 teaspoon of thyme and a pinch of salt

Mix gently till your tortellini is completely covered. Simmer for 3 minutes

I had some for dinner served with grated cheese (optional). The rest found their way to my lunchbox
Total cooking time - 10 minutes

This is a quick and easy dish yet it looks fancy enough to serve when you have friends over.

P.S

The 8th - 14th of October is Curry week!!!! Bring it on!!!

For those who asked, my Tortellini contains Spinach and Ricotta (cheese).

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment