Tuesday 9 October 2012

Prawn 'n' Vegetable stew

I did not know what to call this dish so I gave it that name - Prawn 'n' Vegetable stew. *hehehe

I love traditional dishes but since they take forever to cook, I have been devising ways to save time while still churning healthy meals.

Wash and Chop 1 onion, 1 yellow pepper, 1 green pepper and a small bunch of spinach. You can use any vegetable you like



If using spinach, put in a bowl

Squeeze out the excess water from your leaves

Put 4 tbspns of oil in a pot. I am using Palm oil.

Measure out 1tbspn of chopped onions
Put that in your heated oil and sizzle for 3 minutes


Put in your prawns
These are the spices I will be using


Add your stock cube, thyme, curry and paprika (optional). Leave your prawns to fry till they turn pink

Add in all your chopped vegetables

I like chilli so I sprinkled some crushed chilli - 1 teaspoon

Stir and leave to cook for 5 minutes

This is the ultimate timesaver. You can make this at home as it is just sieved tomatoes

Pour in 125ml of Passata. You can blend fresh tomatoes and use that instead

Leave to cook for 5 minutes

Add your vegetables and stir. Your meal is ready.

Bon Appetite. I served this with rice which I cooked whilst preparing the stew


Total Preparation time - 15minutes.
Ease of preparation - Ultra simple :)
Serving guide - Four portions.

Feel free to recreate this dish using any meat or fish of your choice. If you are a vegetarian/vegan then you can skip the prawns.

Lotsa Womble love xx




4 comments:

  1. Where did you get your prawns from? They are supper big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Didi,

    I got them from Tesco. It's their Jumbo King size range. Easy to prepare and big enough to not need any additional 'inspiration'. Lol. You can get that size from the markets but they tend to be in their shells. Any grocery store will have them in their freezer section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you mix your stew with the cooked rice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes but not all of it. Just the portion I wanted to eat for dinner :D

    ReplyDelete