Thursday 11 October 2012

Home-made pizza

.....ok, this was done in cheat mode as I started off with a shop bought pizza base. See my post here for where I got the toppings used. You can get similar ones at supermarkets and they average at about £1 or £2 for 150g.

As always, I believe cooking should be simple, fun and most of all - quick.......except when you want to go all out and have the time to spare.

Prepared my rack by covering in foil

Shop bought pizza base



Remember the Passata from my previous post? I had to use this up as it should be used after 2 days once opened. Again, you can make your tomato sauce

What's left of my salami and chorizo haul. Lol. I like a hint of garlic on my pizza

Grated cheese and thinly sliced toppings. Use whatever topping you like.

Rub your pizza base with garlic.

Spread the tomato sauce over your base.

Spread your cheese evenly

Add your topping and bake in the oven for 20 mins and until cheese is bubbling

Total Preparation time: 30 minutes.
 
This was a quick and easy dish prepared using my staples like I mentioned in my post here .
However, I won't be buying a shop bought base again. This one was from Tesco and although it did the job, nothing beats fresh dough. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate this pizza base as a 4. Watch out for my pizza made from scratch :P

Do try it and tell me what you think. As always, I encourage people to be creative with their cooking. Don't feel intimidated by recipes and measurements.

Lotsa Womble love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment