Tuesday 23 October 2012

.....singing off key....

Yes, that was my experience with my tummy!


I got invited to a friend's birthday and as ususal I didn't eat anything. It's not like I wasn't tempted by all the food there. Trust me, the variety was astounding! ... I was so distracted by all the food on offer that I didn't get to take pictures even though I brought my camera along *ahem!

Where was I?

Yes, I was about to tell you how much of a fussy eater I am. I grew up in a home where my mum always cooked. I just never had a reason to eat out and till date, I find it hard to do so. I am getting over it though as I can now eat at restaurants et al (one of the benefits of boarding shool - story for another day).

On this particular day, as was my norm, I did not eat anything - just because I couldn't eat. My friend noticed and got upset insisting I eat something as there was so much food and she wanted me to try some of it. And so, I gave in......now I think of it, I should never have budged. I can however console myself as a life lesson has been learnt.

I wrapped up a meat-pie (see here) and decided to have that for dinner when I got home. I am eternally grateful for that decision because I got home, had said dinner and minutes later, I felt funny. I brushed it aside thinking 'Ah, you are still getting over your illness'. Anyway, I headed off to bed and the next thing I remember was - I am awake. I looked out of the window and noticed it was still dark outside. I checked the time and it said 2:51am? So what woke me up?

That was when I heard it and my heart sank. My heart sank because it was painful to hear, bear and uncomfortable. My tummy was singing. And the worse part of it was that all the notes were OFF KEY!!!!!.........I don't want to imagine what would have happened if I had eaten at the party, miles away from home *shudders.

Needless to say, sentiments aside, it's not happening again. One sleepless night is enough for me *yawn......and just so you know, my tummy did not stop being upset till well after 9am! *shuddersagain

Web Image

No comments:

Post a Comment